I don’t take on many new clients, but I get requests from people all the time who don’t need a forever lawyer — they just need to know if the contract they have is OK to sign.
So I’m making a limited number of spots available for people who just need a contract reviewed.
If you have a comics publishing agreement, freelance contract, licensing agreement, or contractor agreement you want reviewed, but don’t have a huge budget, this might be the answer for you.
These engagements are limited only to the contract that you need reviewed and are done for a fixed fee. That means that you’ll know up front exactly what the review will cost and exactly what you’ll get.
I have two options available depending on your needs and budget.
- After talking with you about what you need from the contract, I perform a comprehensive review paying special attention to terms that impact your needs and interests.
- During the review I identify areas of the contract where changes would be to your benefit.
- I email you a summary of my review, explaining what the contract does and what it requires of you. I also identify each area that could benefit from changes and summarize those changes for you. I do not edit the contract or draft revisions.
- We schedule a 45-minute call (Skype, Google Hangouts, or phone) to discuss the contract. I can answer any questions you may have about negotiating the contract and suggest wording for changes you want to request.
- You get everything from the Basic Review, except that I actually draft revisions for the contract. I provide my revisions in a format you can share directly with the other party.
- Depending on the type of document you’re working with, I can either incorporate my revisions directly into the contract, or detail the revisions in a separate document. I include explanations for nearly every change I make so the other party has a clear understanding of why you’re requesting the change.
- During our 45-minute call I can answer any questions you might have about the contract and how you should approach negotiations.
Interested? Fill out this form to see if you qualify.